Economics – Ericson
Options: Volunteer, UROP
Two research assistant opportunities. Proects will examine the interface between individual decision-making, firm incentives, and market outcomes. In particular, we will examine of the effects of health insurance mandates, search behavior for health insurance, and response to information when making health insurance decisions.
1. “Data Analysis Track”. Applicants for this position should have experience with Stata, and must have taken EC 305 (EC 414 preferred). This project will involve analyzing health insurance choice data in Stata.
2. “Experimentalist Track”. This project will involve designing and programming experiments, preparing IRB applications, and potentially facilitating laboratory-based experiments. In your cover letter, please describe any programming skills or previous experimental experience.
For examples of previous projects, see the research projects listed on: http://people.bu.edu/kericson/. Interested students should send a CV, writing sample (preferrably an empirical paper), and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please also specify:
1) how many hours per week you are willing to work (max and min)
2) which track you would like to be considered for
3) whether you are willing to work on a volunteer basis.
For fall 2012 positions, priority will be given if you submit materials by Sept 5th; volunteer applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.