BU URBAN BUSINESS ACCELERATOR℠
10-Week Course Program
June 3 – August 5, 2013
This Once In A Lifetime Experience Provides You With:
- Hands on Consulting Experience working with small urban business owners
- Exclusive 10-Week Program run by BU Faculty. Topics include:
- Business decision-making in real time
- Best practices in consulting to urban companies
- Using QuickBooks to manage by the numbers
- Guaranteed to add value to your career portfolio
The criteria used to select participating urban companies are quite rigorous since each company must demonstrate the importance of the students’ effort to their organization. The projects must be multidisciplinary in approach and involve the improvement of an essential business process or the solution to a business problem, challenge or opportunity. Each company must provide its consulting team with an assignment that addresses a clearly defined business need, has a clear scope, provides a rich learning opportunity and can be realistically achieved during one semester.
Students taking this course must have taken SMG SM 121/122 or SMG SM 299 or an equivalent course. Faculty will determine approval of equivalent courses and/or experience to qualify for participation in this course.