- Read an article on CTS Professor Joan Walker in BU Today.
- On March 15-17, 2007 - CTS hosted the Transportation Research Forum's Annual Conference.
Thursday's Plenary Session Panel "The Big Dig", was Chaired by CTS' own Bill Anderson. Panelists included
- Alan Altshuler, Harvard University
- Robert Skinner, Executive Director of the Transportation Research Board
- Richard A. Dimino, CEO and President
A Better City (formerly Artery Business Committee)
- Fred Salvucci, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (former MA Secretary of Transportation)
- Recently released: Structural Change in Transportation and Communications in the Knowledge Society, edited by Kiyoshi Kobayashi, T. R. Lakshmanan and William Anderson. Published by Edward Elgar.
- News from 2006....
- Professor Lakshmanan was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Science at Ohio State University's Autumn Commencement on Sunday, December 10th. Because of the number of students it graduates, Ohio State holds three commencements a year - Spring, Autumn and Winter. Sunday's ceremony awarded 2,098 degrees, and 4 honorary degrees. Read the news release.
- Professor Lakshmanan recently participated in the 17th International ECMT/OECD Symposium on Transport Economics and Policy in Berlin, 25-27 October 2006.
CTS looks forward to hosting a Roundtable of the European Conference of Ministers of Transport in 2007.
- CTS will host The Transportation Research Forum's 48th Annual Forum on March 15-17, 2007. To learn more about TRF and the Forum - visit their website.
- CTS Faculty member, Professor Joan Walker was among 2006's ten recipients of Boston University's SPRInG Award (Special Program for Research Initiation Grants). Prof. Walker is looking at The Influence of the Allocation of Food Resources on Nutritional Choices.
- Professor T. R. Lakshmanan, CTS' founding Director, will receive an Honarary Degree - Doctor of Science - from Ohio State University this December.
- Professor Lata Chatterjee presented a paper at The Second International Conference on Multi-national joint venture for Construction Works 2006 in Hanoi, Vietnam this September.
- We are pleased that our new Working Papers page on this site is up and running.
Over thirty papers by Center Faculty are currently available - with more to come. Take a look!
- Learn more about a workshop the Center put on in 2005 about Road Rail Intermodalism. Including downloads of presentations given.
- Have you read what CTS Faculty member, William Anderson, had to say in the Boston Globe?