Earth Week Events at BU
Tuesday, April 22 (Earth Day)
Earth Day Celebration
Location: Marsh Plaza, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Recycling raffle and clothing drive, with Earth-friendly prizes
- Live music
- Tables and activities sponsored by student and community organizations.
School of Education Green Committee
Location: SED lobby, Noon to 2 p.m.
- Learn more about sedGreen, a group of volunteers who successfully lobbied for a building-wide bottle, paper, and cardboard recycling program.
College of General Studies Earth Day Raffle
Location: CGS lobby, 9 a.m.
- The CGS student government will host a Go Green Raffle and give away prizes such as reusable drinking bottles and grocery bags, plants, seeds, and more.
Wednesday, April 23
Slow Food Banquet, cosponsored by Slow Food BU
Location: BU Beach, 5 p.m.
- Experience organic and fresh foods in a relaxing environment.
Thursday, April 24
Film screening: King Corn
Location: Morse Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
- Documentary filmmaker Ian Cheney will speak about one of the most popular U.S. crops, raising questions about how we eat and farm in America. King Corn is a South by Southwest and Hot Docs Film Festival selection.
Lights Out for Learning
- Ask your professors to turn off classroom lights during the day, and be mindful of your own use of electricity.
Friday, April 25
Location: Marsh Plaza, time to be announced
- Trash from BU will be sorted for recyclable items.