BU Today

Uncategorized

Jewish roots

Morse Auditorium was originally a Jewish temple.

Fun Fact

Morse Auditorium, built in 1903, was formerly the Temple Atath Israel. BU acquired the building in 1968 and three years later named it for BU benefactor Alfred L. Morse (1903-1990), founder of the Morse Shoe Company and member of the BU Board of Trustees. The building is used for classes and events.