Naming of the BU Bridge
Students championed the naming of the BU Bridge
BU President Daniel Marsh unveils a plaque, since stolen, commemorating the renaming of the Cottage Farm Bridge in 1949. Built in 1928, it was rechristened the Boston University Bridge after a group of BU undergraduates convinced State Senator John Powers to sponsor legislation to rename it. It passed unanimously. Photo by the Boston Herald-Traveler, courtesy of the Boston Public Library Print Department.