Assistant Director Shari Tumandao is the HTC’s resident expert on herbal remedies and holistic health. Each week, she joins Tea Time to introduce students to herbs commonly found in teas, their natural properties, and how they may benefit your health and wellbeing. You can find recaps of her presentations here on our website.
Disclaimer: If you take medication, please consult your doctor before working with the following herbs. Consume at your own discretion.
Blueberry Hibiscus Lemonade
This beverage is filled with plant-powered nutrients that nourish our bodies and spirits and is simply delicious! The soothing nature of chamomile met with the energizing qualities of hibiscus and lemon balm make a perfect complement to our summers.
What you’ll need:
- Large jar or pitcher
Note: This recipe makes about 1 quart (32oz)
- 1 tbs Hibiscus flowers
- 2 tbs Chamomile flowers
- 3 tbs Lemon Balm
- A handful of blueberries
- 1 tbs Honey or preferred sweetener
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight jar or pitcher
- Fill 32oz jar or container with hot water
- Allow to cool, place in refrigerator, and steep overnight
- All done! If it’s a little too strong, add some more water. If it’s a little too bitter, add some more honey