Request a Space
Please read the following before submitting your request.
We host more than 600 meetings and events each year, ranging from lectures and discussions to dinners, receptions and movie nights. While we offer a great space for groups to host their meetings and events, please keep in mind that all events held in the Howard Thurman Center must meet the following criteria:
- Be open to all members of the Boston University community
- Be free of charge to guests
- The sponsoring organization must be an active member of the Culture Council
- Must use Catering on the Charles OR a licensed food vendor
- Relevant to the mission of the Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground
- All media requests beyond the HTC’s ability to provide services must be submitted separately to the appropriate departments
- The sponsoring organization or department must pay for all custodial services, including cleaning and furniture arrangement, if applicable
- All requests are tentative until a final confirmation is sent from the Howard Thurman Center.
Please note that the space in the center does not serve primarily as an event space. As such, any request to use the space for extended periods of time during normal operating hours and/or are closed to the public will be immediately denied without exception.