||A course site is a web-based system for managing course materials. Instructors can make announcements, share course materials, and enhance discussion, all in one easily accessible location. We create over 1,000 Blackboard 8 sites every semester, along with hundreds of Blackboard Vista sites.
||Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Guests
||Managing a course becomes much simpler with a course site, and the site provides significant benefits to your students. Share all of your course materials in one central location. Encourage student participation with the included collaboration and communication tools. All of your course materials can be easily reused in future semesters.
- Information sharing – Post announcements and reading materials for the entire class – easily and without paper.
- Automated user management - New students are automatically enrolled in all courses with a University Registrar roster.
- Test manager – Create quizzes and tests for your students that can be taken online – graded automatically.
- Discussion boards - Enhance student communication with an area for students to post comments, questions, and assignments.
- Online gradebook – Update your students’ grades 24/7.
||To use a course site, we suggest a supported web browser. Each product is different, so be sure to check the requirements for each one:
- For courses on campus we recommend Blackboard Learn or Blackboard 8.
- Note: Blackboard 8 is scheduled for retirement. Spring 2013 will be the last semester in which Blackboard 8 will be available for course delivery. Blackboard Learn will be in use starting January 2013, and Blackboard Learn will be the only Learning Management System offered by IS&T beginning September 2013.
- Distance education students, instructors, and facilitators can learn more about Blackboard Learn.
- Educational Technology Consulting is available.