Update Your Web Browser – Mac OS X
Blackboard Learn now supports the most up-to-date versions of Firefox and Safari on a Mac OS X computer. Below are instructions for updating from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 9 as well as Safari.
- Open your Firefox web browser.
- To check for updates or your browser’s version number, click Firefox in the upper left-hand corner of your monitor and then About Firefox.
- You will see the following window which will give you your browser’s version number. To check for updates click the Check for Updates button.
- Click the apple icon in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- Click on “Software Update”.
- Click “Check for updates now” and allow the page to load.
- Look for any updates for Safari and install them. You may need to restart your computer.
- Ensure that Java is enabled in your web browser (Firefox or Safari).