Save a Word 2008 document in .doc format
Those students and faculty using Microsoft (MS) Office and/or Word 2008 should save their files with a “.doc” extension instead of the MS Office 2008 default “.docx” extension. This will make it easier for your fellow students and instructor to open your Word document.
- Click File and then click Save As…
- In the Save As: window ensure that the name of the file is using your class’ naming convention and that it ends with a .doc extension.
- In the Where: drop-down, select a location on your local computer where you can later retrieve the file.
- In the Format: drop-down, select the Word 97 – 2004 Document (.doc) option.
- Make sure the Append file extension check box is checked.
- Click Save.