Clear your browser cache – Windows
In Blackboard Learn, sometimes it is necessary to clear out your browser’s cache. Please select your browser below and follow the instructions provided.
Internet Explorer 8 – 10
- Launch Internet Explorer from your desktop or start menu.
- Click Tools from the browser’s main menu.
(IE7 and IE8 users can also find the “Tools” menu item to the right of the “Home” icon)
- Click Internet Options, the last item in the list.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Browsing History section click the Delete… button.
- Check the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies check boxes and then click the Delete button.
Please Note: If the Boston University Vista home page is saved as one of your Favorites, you will need to either remove it from your Favorites list or clear the check box labeled Preserve Favorites website data.
- Click OK to close out the Internet Explorer 8 Options window from step #5.
- Launch Firefox from your desktop or start menu.
- Click the orange Firefox button located in the upper left-hand corner of the browser window.
- Mouse over History >
- Click Clear Recent History…
- In the window that appears ensure that at least the Cache and Active Logins check boxes are checked.DO NOT check the Site Preferences check box as this will reset some settings like pop-up blockers needed for your online course.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Google Chrome Stable Channel
- Launch Google Chrome from your desktop or start menu.
- Click the wrench icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.
- Mouse over Tools >
- Click Clear browsing data…
- In the window that appears select the beginning of time option from the Obliterate the following items from: drop down menu.
- Ensure that at least the Empty the cache check boxe is checked and click the Clear browsing data button.
- Click the (X) button located on the right hand side of the Options – Under the Hood tab at the top of the browser window.