Clear Java cache – Mac OS X
Java problems that surface after you have ensured that you have the version of Java on your computer that it is compatible with Blackboard Vista can oftentimes be fixed by simply clearing out your Java cache.
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock.
- Click Applications, and then click the Utilities Folder.
- Double-click the Java Preferences icon.
- Click on the tab labeled Network and then click the button labeled Delete Files….
- Ensure that both check boxes are checked and then click the OK button.
- Close the Java Control Panel (Step #4).
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Click on the System Preferences icon located in your dock.
- Click the Java icon, located at the bottom of the System Preferences window.
- You’ll see the following window while the Java Control Panel loads.
- On the General tab, click the Settings… button.
- In the window that appears click the Delete Files… button.
- Ensure that all three check boxes are checked and click the OK button.