Blackboard Learn is the newest learning management system at Boston University; it is used in on- and off-campus courses, certificate programs, and clerkships. Students can access course materials at any time and from any computer with an Internet connection.
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Guests
Blackboard Learn offers convenience and flexibility – central to Boston University’s Online Campus programs and key to enhancing the value of modern on-campus courses. Instructors manage all course materials online, where they are immediately available to students. Instructors can post documents, make announcements, send e-mail, create online assessments, and more. Students can access course documents, send files to their instructor, and access grades directly. Course materials are available 24/7, from any location, allowing students to learn when and where they like.
- Multimedia content – Students enjoy access to course materials designed to enhance their learning experience, including video lectures and audio assignments.
- Live interaction and communication – Students can engage in video and chat sessions with instructors and classmates and stay in touch through e-mail, discussion boards, and blogs.
- Advanced quiz and survey tools – Instructors can create practice tests and gather student feedback online.
- Excel-compatible grade book – Instructors manage course grades online and download them for use with other applications.
- Easy document sharing – Upload files with just a few clicks.
- Built-in anti-plagiarism service – Plagiarism detection is automated by SafeAssign.
- New, fully-supported system – Blackboard Learn is the newest learning management system offered by Blackboard Inc. It includes many new features and better support for new browsers, operating systems, and web technologies.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- A computer with supported hardware and operating system
- A supported web browser
- An Internet connection capable of supporting video
- Boston University tuition and fees apply to Online Campus courses and programs.
- There is no additional charge for registered on-campus students or faculty interested in using the learning management system.
- Create – Faculty can create a new course site, copy a previous semester’s site online.
- Connect – Access Blackboard Learn to start using a course site after it has been created.
- Learn – Instructors can attend a training session, view our online help material, or take advantage of Educational Technology Consulting.
- Read the Ed Tech Blog to learn how others at BU are using Blackboard.
- Contact Boston University Distance Education.