MyPrint for Departments
Departments can arrange for IS&T to manage printing to their local printers through the same MyPrint system and policies we use to manage central printing. MyPrint offers you accounting and remote printing through central print servers.
Departments can leverage the MyPrint accounting system to control printing without additional administrative cost. Print policies are simplified: individuals can use their standard print allocation on departmental printers just as on central printers. The standard, web-based MyPrint interface provides individuals with detailed information on jobs they have submitted, both current and historical.
- Print jobs can be submitted from any computer on the BU campus network or connected through the VPN.
- Optionally, we can restrict access to your printers based on AD ACLs (Access Control Lists in Active Directory).
- Individuals can view their current page allocation, manage their print jobs, and view their printing history.
- We provide technical support for individuals trying to print.
- Initial print allocations are applied automatically each semester.
- Over-allocation printing is managed by IS&T and can be paid for with Convenience Points, cash, or requisition.
- We coordinate charging and revenue transfer with Housing.
- We monitor print queues to detect and correct problems.
- We will design a custom header sheet for your location. Departments providing their own printer, paper, and toner may eliminate the header sheet.
- We will provide you with basic instruction and guidance in best practices for running your printers.
- We can provide print activity reports.
- We offer an optional InfoPrint Select client for lab environments.
- We provide a website displaying queue information.
- We coordinate with campus recycling services.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Utilizing MyPrint in your department requires an ‘AFP, PostScript, or PJL compatible printer with network access.
- Your department is responsible for day to day operation. Someone in your department must be responsible for:
- ensuring the printer is on and functional
- replenishing paper in the printer
- referring technical questions to IS&T’s Print Center
- serving as a designated operational contact for IS&T, distributing and securing output, and retaining unclaimed printouts for 2 weeks.
- See the MyPrint page for requirements for individuals using MyPrint.
- Costs vary depending on services provided.
- For more information pertaining to individuals who will use this service to print, see the MyPrint page and About MyPrint.