||IS&T provides services to monitor the health of your server’s hardware, operating system, and applications. In addition to standard Microsoft and UNIX monitoring tools, IS&T uses Hewlett Packard’s (HP) Systems Insight Manager (SIM) to monitor HP servers for hardware failures and pre-failures and to notify systems administrators and, optionally, HP.
||Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
||Be notified when servers fail or even before they fail. Increase uptime for the people who use your systems.
- Receive alerts when servers fail or are about to fail.
- If you have HP systems, reduce your workload by having the service manage HP contracts and warranties.
- Servers must be connected to the campus network.
- Firewall ports must be modified to allow access for the service.
- The remote support pack that notifies HP for system service requires the administrator contact information to which alerts will be sent.
||Click the Help button on this page to request more information about how this service could match your specific needs