HOD Pre-install Checklist
There are a few prerequisites that need to be addressed before you can download, install, and begin using HOD.
- Your computer must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows: 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Mac: OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
- Your computer must use one of the following browser versions:
A Java-enabled browser requires a Java plug-in. Supported Java plug-ins are available from Sun, IBM, and HP. If you are unsure about the version your PC is running, check with your department’s computer support staff.
Important Java Information
- Download the latest supported version of Java.
- Once downloaded, open the EXE file and follow the installation instructions.
Allow Pop-ups from BU.EDU
Before you begin downloading the HOD application, it will be useful to set your browser to allow pop-ups from the BU website, where HOD is located.
If you do not allow pop-ups, the installation of HOD will not complete successfully.
You must disable all pop-up blocking, such as with the Google or Yahoo toolbars. The following screens show how to do this with Internet Explorer (IE). Your browser may be different.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Pop-up Blocker and Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Type www.bu.edu in the Address of the website to allow.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
Pop-up Blocker Settings Dialog Box 1
To always allow pop-ups from this site, type in www.bu.edu and click Add.
Pop-up Blocker Settings Dialog Box 2