Boston University licenses a broad range of software through a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (MSEA). Among other benefits, the agreement provides eligible employees with rights to use the most current and capable versions of Microsoft Windows and Office Suites on BU-owned PCs and Macs.
Volume licensing reduces overhead and expense, improves service and support, bolsters security, and fosters license compliance. See Benefits for details.
- Full and part-time faculty and staff are eligible to use the most current and complete versions of Microsoft Windows and Office on institutional PCs and Macs, with most eligible software available by download.
- Students are eligible to purchase the most current versions of Microsoft Office and Windows upgrade at reduced cost from ithc.collegestoreonline.com.
- BU students, faculty, staff, alumni, and affiliates have licensed access to many BU-based Microsoft services such as SharePoint and Exchange.
- Full and part-time faculty and staff also have access to web-based training through Microsoft E-learning.
MS Agreement Coverage Overview, Benefits, Conditions of Use, and the FAQ provide additional information on licensed software and benefits to various constituents. Requirements A BU login name and Kerberos password are required for access to all resources and the MS Agreement Coverage Overview highlights eligibility criteria. Please also review the Conditions of Use.
Charges may or may not apply depending on product and eligibility.
- Most eligible software is available to faculty and staff from the Download page.
- If you are a student wishing to purchase software at the significantly reduced cost, please visit the IT Help Center at 533 Commonwealth Avenue (Kenmore Square) or shop online at ithc.collegestoreonline.com.
- If you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact the IT Help Center by submitting a Help request through this website, or by calling 617-353-HELP (4357).