What are the basic concepts a Business Warehouse (BW) report user should understand?
The videos and Help Guides listed below provide the answer to that question. These concepts are essential to understand for anyone who wants to make productive use of any BW report. Alternatively, anyone who has used BW reports in the past but who wants to review basic concepts will find the materials useful.
What are the prerequisites for attending an instructor-led BW training workshop?
The items on this page make up the list of prerequisites one must watch (in the case of videos) or read (in the case of Help Guides) prior to attending any intro-level instructor-led training BW reporting session (Funds Management, Grant Management, Supplier Relationship Management, and Payroll). It’s very important that anyone planning to attend one of these workshops go through all of these materials prior to the reporting workshop meeting time.
- Viewing times are shown in parentheses following each video.
- Internet Explorer does not work well in displaying these videos. Please use only Chrome or Firefox.
Navigating the BUworks Environment
- BUworks Portal Landscape (1:40)
Intro to BW Reporting
- The BW Reporting Environment (1:21)
- Report Folders and Folder Contents (1:47)
- What is a BW Report? (0:48)
- Data Basics and Data Access (1:14)
- How to Run a Report (3:46)
- Understanding a Report Layout (7:24)
- Understanding the Role of Mouse Buttons in Reporting (3:23)
Basic BW Functions – Key Concepts
- How to Add, Remove, or Move a Column of Data (8:06)
- How to Organize Report Data According to Column Position (3:12)
- How to Filter Report Data (PDF)
- How to Add or Remove a Subtotal or Grand Total (6:28)
- How to Export Report Data to Excel (PDF) – this Guide is important to read because printing any BW report usually requires exporting data to Excel and printing there
- How to Save and Use a View (PDF)