If you wish to remove your current anti-virus program and install McAfee Anti-Virus from Boston University, you MUST uninstall your current anti-virus program BEFORE you install McAfee Anti-Virus. Having more than one anti-virus program installed on your computer will cause severe problems.
Uninstall Current Anti-Virus and Install McAfee Anti-Virus
- Save the McAfee Anti-Virus software to your computer’s Desktop.
- In the Dock (located at the bottom of your screen) click on the Finder.
- Type the name of your anti-virus program (i.e. Norton, Symantec, etc.) in the Finder’s search feature (in the upper right corner of the screen).
- For each listing you see for your anti-virus program, click and drag the program icon to your Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 if there are any variants of your anti-virus program’s name.
- Restart your computer and then install the McAfee Anti-Virus software downloaded in Step #1.
- Proceed to the connection test.