Boston University’s Blackboard Vista email system is for communicating within the Blackboard Vista system only. All email correspondence is removed from a class at the end of each semester. In order to save any emails, you’ll need to forward them to an outside email account.
Please note: To correspond with another Vista user you need to be logged into Vista and using the Vista email system. Vista users can’t respond to anyone in Vista by replying from an outside email account.
These steps below work for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
- Log into Vista. You will start off at your “My Vista” page.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your “My Vista” page, click the “My Settings” link.
- On your “My Profile” tab, click the “Edit Profile” button.
- In the “Email:” text box enter in the outside email address to which you would like your Blackboard Vista email forwarded. Click the “Save” button.
- Next, click the “My Tool Options” tab under “My Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Mail” section and check the check box to the left of “Forward all mail messages to the email address in my profile”
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. You will see a “success” message just under your “My Tool Options” tab at the top of the page.
- Click the “My Vista” tab at the top of this page to return to your “My Vista” page.