The HTML Creator is a tool used to create HTML mark-up within emails and discussion board posts without having to know HTML. The HTML Creator is available for Windows users with the Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.
Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 users with Firefox don’t have this option. They can type in HTML code directly and then check the “Use HTML” check box at the bottom of the text area to display their emails and posts in HTML. Safari does have the HTML creator.
Follow the instructions below if you wish to have the Blackboard Vista HTML Creator automatically enabled or disabled.
These steps below work for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
- Log into Vista. You will start off at your My Vista page.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your My Vista page, click the My Settings link.
- Next, click the My Tool Options tab under My Settings.
- Under HTML Creator, check the check box labeled Start the HTML Creator by default to enable it by default or clear the check box to disable the HTML Creator by default.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and click the Save button.
- At the top of this page you will see a Success message.
- Click the My Vista tab at the top of this page to return to your My Vista page.