Echo360 Universal Capture: Personal enable instructors to record audio, computer screens and webcam video. These recordings can be edited and saved on computers or shared online for students.
- Log in at https://echo360.org. If you do not have an account, request one by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right (gear icon) and choose Downloads
- Download Echo360 Software by clicking on link for Mac or Windows under Universal Capture: Personal
- Find the downloaded file on your computer, and double-click it. It should extract the Echo Installer in the same file location where you download Echo360 Software. If you saved the file to your desktop, the installer file will also be on the desktop.
- For full instructions on installing Echo360 Capture on your personal device, see Echo360’s documentation here
- Launch Echo360 Capture.
- Log in (if not already authenticated).
- Select the inputs you want to capture.
Audio is always required.
You can select to capture display and video, two display inputs, or two video inputs besides the audio. Universal Capture will initially preselect inputs for you based on any available devices and then remember the last inputs chosen.
- Preview the inputs on the screen, to be sure they will record properly.
- Click the pencil icon or title to launch the Capture Details dialog box. Enter a Title, add a Description or Tags and select a Publishing location for the recording if desired. Otherwise, the following default information will be used:
- Click Record.
A countdown appears after which the Universal Capture window minimizes and the capture begins. See Controlling a Capture for details on additional options during a recording.
- When you are done, click Finish.
The recording is completed and finishes uploading to the Echo360 server to complete processing. You will receive an email notification when processing is finished. Universal Capture recordings are available for viewing and editing while processing.