Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
A podcast is a series of audio or video recordings released as episodes. People can listen to podcasts on your website or they can subscribe to download episodes automatically as they become available through podcast-friendly software such as iTunes.
Podcasting lets you share your content in your own voice. Your audience can receive episodes automatically; they don’t have to remember to come back to your website and search for the latest episode. Your podcasts can be downloaded, so your audience can listen to episodes when and where they want. If they like your podcasts, they’ll tell others and your audience will grow.
- Access control – Restrict access to your podcasts to course participants or the BU community, or make them available to anyone in the world.
- Available anytime – All your podcasts are listed in a single RSS feed, so users can access any podcast at anytime. The RSS feed is updated automatically.
- Multiple sites – RSS feeds listing your podcasts can be published on multiple sites, e.g., on your personal site and your department page.
- Technical support – Recordings can be hosted at BU even when using iTunes U, giving you the best of both worlds: personal BU technical support with worldwide iTunes distribution.
- You will need the technical resources to produce quality audio or audio-video content on a regular basis.
- To publish your podcast on iTunes, you will need
- iTunes software,
- your podcast’s feed URL, and
- an image file that represents your podcast.
- To upload recordings, you may need FTP software.