Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
TurningPoint™ is an Audience Response System that allows faculty to engage students in active learning and make class time more interactive. Presenters can use prepared PowerPoint presentations with embedded questions or run ad-hoc polls; audience members respond using a small hand-held clicker or a mobile device with TurningPoint’s ResponseWare.
TurningPoint helps make classroom sessions more interactive. It can correlate in-class feedback and responses, then display anonymous results in real time using charts and graphs.
- Real-time interactive polling
- Grade integration with Blackboard and Questromtools/Sakai
- Participant list integration with Blackboard Learn
- Hand-held clickers (also available for the visually impaired)
- Integrates with PowerPoint on Windows and Mac
- Microsoft Windows® 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit) or Mac OS X v10.7 or higher
- Microsoft Office® 2011 or Microsoft Office® 2007, 2010 or 2013 (32 or 64 bit)
- TurningPoint Cloud Software (downloadable from the Turning Technologies site)
- RF Receiver (v 3 or higher)
- ResponseCard RF LCD
- ResponseCard RF LCD (one-time purchase with a four-year license, available at the BU Barnes and Noble Bookstore)
- TurningPoint Instructor Kit with software, and Instructor Turning Account: Free
- ResponseCard RF LCD and four-year license (inquire at BU Barnes and Noble Bookstore for current pricing)
- Student Turning Account: Free