Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
TurningPoint™ is an Audience Response System that allows faculty to engage students in active learning and make class time more interactive. Presenters can use prepared PowerPoint presentations with embedded questions or run ad-hoc polls; audience members respond using a small hand-held clicker or a mobile device with TurningPoint’s ResponseWare.
TurningPoint helps make classroom sessions more interactive. It can correlate in-class feedback and responses, then display anonymous results in real time using charts and graphs. It can also assist with quizzing and attendance.
- Real-time interactive polling
- Grade integration with Blackboard and Questromtools/Sakai
- Participant list integration with Blackboard Learn
- Hand-held clickers (also available for the visually impaired)
- Responseware App for mobile phone responses from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Integrates with PowerPoint on Windows and Mac
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8, or 10 (32 or 64 bit) or Mac OS X v10.7 or higher
- Microsoft Office® 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, or 2016 (32 or 64 bit)
- NOTE: Slides from PowerPoint versions previous to 2007 will NOT work with TP 7.5.8 and will need to be upgraded prior to usage with TurningPoint
- TurningPoint Cloud 7.5.8 Software (downloadable from the Turning Technologies site) Please do not download TP 8 at this time.
- RF Receiver (v 3 or higher)
- ResponseCard RF LCD
- ResponseCard RF LCD (one-time purchase with a license, available at the BU Barnes and Noble Bookstore or online from Turning Technologies)
- Valid TurningPoint license
- TurningPoint Instructor Kit with software, and Instructor Turning Account: Free
- ResponseCard RF LCD and license (inquire at BU Barnes and Noble Bookstore for current pricing or online via Turning Technologies)
- Student Turning Account: Free