Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
TurningPoint™ is an Audience Response System that allows students to actively participate in classes and presentations. Presenters can use common formats such as a web browser, PowerPoint, Word, or PDF to ask questions; audience members respond using a small hand-held device assigned to each student.
TurningPoint helps make classroom sessions more interactive. It can correlate in-class feedback and responses to surveys and quizzes, then display anonymous results in real time using charts and graphs. Data is captured for easy reporting and other later use.
- Real-time interactive polling, surveys, knowledge tests, and other assessments
- (Optional) immediate display and correlation of anonymous results
- Grade integration with Blackboard and SMGtools/Sakai
- Hand-held devices specifically designed for the visually impaired
- PowerPoint support
- PowerPoint 2003 or newer for PC or PowerPoint 2004 (only) for Mac
- TurningPoint Software
- RF Receiver (Note: Instructors teaching in large lecture spaces should request a long range receiver.)
- ResponseCard RF (one-time purchase, available at the BU Barnes & Noble (CRC) or through your college (BUMC))
- TurningPoint software: Free
- RF Receiver
- Free to early adopters (Limit: 1 per instructor. Replacements, available through the BU Barnes & Noble Bookstore, are $99.)
- On loan from BUMC Educational Media
- On loan from selected schools, colleges, and departments
- ResponseCard RF
- Contact IS&T. Tell us what course(s) you are teaching and we will help you:
- Get a free RF Receiver
- Order ResponseCards (clickers) for your students
- Install TurningPoint
- Sign up for training
- Download the TurningPoint Software
- Find Additional Support Resources
- Educational Technology Consulting is available.