Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: Generally there is no charge for this service. Special requirements may necessitate a charge.
- See Getting Started, below.
IS&T offers a network-based file backup and restore service for departmental servers and workstations.
Taking advantage of IS&T’s central file backup service alleviates the need for departments to purchase, maintain, and operate expensive backup equipment. Departmental system administrators don’t need to manage their own tape libraries and off-site storage solutions.
- We use the campus network to back up files, overnight, from your departmental servers and workstations to central facilities.
- We manage both on-site and off-site archives.
- Files that have been lost or become corrupted can be restored.
- UNIX based systems must participate in the University’s GUID system.
- Windows based systems must be part of the University’s Active Directory.
- Temporary access to an administrative account is necessary for installation of the backup software.