Manufacturer authorized hardware repair services are available at the IT Help Center’s main location: 179 Amory Street (West Campus). For questions about these services you may call the IT Help Center at 617-353-HELP (4357). For full details on the service we provide, please visit our Services & Pricing page.
Our skilled technicians are certified to provide in-warranty and post-warranty repairs, upgrades, and service for most major brands including Apple, Dell, HP/Compaq, Lenovo, and Toshiba. We support the following products:
- Apple: All domestic desktop and laptop products.
- Compaq: All of the domestic business line of desktop and laptop products. Please note: We cannot perform in-warranty service on consumer desktop or laptop products including Presario notebooks or desktops.
- Dell: All desktop and laptop products purchased by BU students, faculty, and staff. Dell products purchased elsewhere will require a Dell transfer of ownership to be eligible for service through Technical Services. Please note: Some Dell warranties may require a labor fee.
- Hewlett Packard: All of the domestic business line of desktop and laptop products. Please note: We cannot perform in-warranty service on consumer desktop or laptop products including Pavilion laptops or desktops.
- Lenovo: All domestic ThinkPad and ThinkCentre laptop and desktop products.
- Toshiba: All domestic desktop and laptop products.
- In some cases, we may send the computer to the manufacturer or a partner company to facilitate the repair.
- Software, including operating system and consumables, are not covered under your manufacturer’s warranty. These are billable services.
- Many manufacturers’ warranties do not cover liquid spills or physical damage.
- The manufacturer’s limited warranty may not cover on-site travel fees. This may be a billable service.