This page describes a Virex “hotfix” that is specifically designed to address update problems with Virex 7.7 and Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later.
(If you have an earlier version of either of these, the hotfix is not for you: please use the manual update instructions, instead.)
Hotfix download and installation instructions
- Download the hotfix from the BU software download site (BU login required).
- Double-click on the file you downloaded, and it will extract itself into a folder called Hotfix. In the Hotfix folder are two files, a Readme.txt, and the Hotfix.pkg.
- The Readme file says that you will need to have the following version of Virex for the hotfix to run (it just won’t run, otherwise).
- Virex version: 7.7 (Build 163)
- Engine version: 4.4.00
You can check your version by opening Virex, then going under the Virex menu at the top of the screen and choosing About Virex. Version info appears under the Virex logo on this screen.
- The Readme also says that the fix is for Mac OS 10.4.4 or later. To check this, go under your Apple menu to “About This Mac” and make sure you have 10.4.4 or 10.4.5.
- Now, quit Virex if you have it open.
- Double-click on Hotfix.pkg. Click on Continue as needed. Enter your password when prompted.
- When the install has finished, open Virex, try an update, and see if the problem is solved.