The Student Activities Office (SAO) sponsors accounts for registered student organizations for the academic year, September through May. Organizations must renew their accounts annually.
Follow these steps to apply for a Student Organization (SAO) ACS account:
- Complete and print the Student Organization Account Application. If your browser is set up to display PDF files, you can complete the form online before printing it.
Note: The form you complete is an interactive PDF file. You can complete it online, then print and sign it. Or, you can print it, complete it by hand, and sign it. In either case, you will need the free Acrobat Reader.
- Have a representative from the Student Activities Office sign the application.
- Return the application and letter from SAO to the Front Office Assistant Manager at Information Services & Technology.
- Include a list of the members who will have access to the account.
- Have a first and second choice of desired login name.
Note: Do not publish or publicize your organization’s login name until it has been confirmed by IS&T. It can cause a lot of confusion and expense if for some reason the login name you’ve chosen is not available or usable.
- You will be called to come in to establish the password when the application has been approved and the computer account created.
Note: Student organization accounts expire at the end of May. In September, the president of the student organization can reactivate the account by providing the Front Office Assistant Manager at Information Services & Technology with an updated letter from the SAO, and a new list of students who will be using the account.
It is the responsibility of the president of the student organization to notify the Front Office Assistant Manager at Information Services & Technology of additional members using the account. The president should change the password to the computer account anytime a member who has access to the account leaves the organization.