Available to: Faculty, Staff, Departments (IT partners as defined by business need)
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Desktop asset management systems allow IT staff to automate commonly performed tasks, such as inventory and asset management, software distribution, and patch management. IS&T offers IT staff across the University use of a centrally maintained KACE Asset Management System. IT groups can request a dedicated area on one of IS&T’s VMware-hosted KACE servers.
IT support staff will save time and improve the accuracy of their inventories by automating the collection of information required by their department heads or deans and for compliance with internal or external audits. Staff can ensure that desktop systems have current versions of software and the latest patches. Accurate information allows staff to provide more informed support and can help prevent problems. Using a central system maintained by IS&T relieves departments of the costs and responsibilities associated with individually purchased services.
- Inventory – Automatically collect information about desktop and notebook computers
- Software Distribution – Remotely install software on included machines, with or without the owner’s interaction
- OS and Software Patching – Push patches for Windows XP & 7; Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7; and major applications such as Mozilla Firefox, the Adobe Flash Plugin, and Java
- Reporting – Consolidate, analyze, and sort any information gathered on included machines, as well as any manually tracked information
- Scripting – Push scripts to any included machines, regardless of OS, and view ‘immediate’ results
- Locally designated administrators will be responsible for managing their own environments
- Administrators must adhere to BU’s Information Security Management Guidelines
- Most functions require that a small agent be installed on each desktop or notebook computer