Downloading and Installing
- Download Quest vWorkspace Connector for Mac OS X.
- To begin installing the Quest AppPortal client, open vWorkspace_Connector_7.0.dmg.
- Double-click vWorkspace Connector 7.0 for either Snow Leopard or Leopard depending on which version of Mac OS X you have installed.
- Those using Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion):
- Choose the version for Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Download and install XQuartz, a program needed to support Quest vWorkspace.
- You may see an error message during installation that the product is from an unidentified developer. To temporarily disable this restriction and continue installation, please follow these steps provided by Information Security.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue and Agree to accept the License Agreement.
- Click Install.
- Click Close when installation completes.
Note: If you have an older version of AppPortal, this installation will not upgrade it. Installing Connector will install a new application in Applications > Quest Software.
Configuring the AppPortal Client
- Launch Quest AppPortal from Applications > Quest Software > AppPortal.
- Under Actions, click Manage Connection.
- Enter “BU” as the Farm Name and click Next.
- Under “How would you like to configure this new farm connection,” select Allow me to manually specify all configuration parameters. Click Next.
- Set the Properties for Location:
- Protocol – Choose HTTPS
- TCP Port – Enter 443
- Connection Brokers – Add vworkspace.bu.edu
- Click Next.
- Set Firewall/Proxy Traversal:
- Check Enable RDP over SSL/TLS
- For SSL Gateway Server enter vworkspace.bu.edu
- Click Next.
- Enter your Username and Password on the Credentials screen and be sure to use AD as the Domain, then click Next.
- Set the Display settings by choosing your desired desktop size, change Colors to True Color (24 bit) and click Next.
- Specify the sound, keyboard, and device sharing settings for Local Resources and click Next.
- On the User Experience screen, choose LAN for your connection speed and click Next.
- Leave the defaults for Password Management as they are and click Next.
- Check Applications\AppPortal for Desktop Integration and click Next.
- Leave the Auto-Launch defaults as they are and click Finish.
- Under Farms, click on the newly created BU farm.
- Enter your Username and Password and be sure to enter AD in the Domain field.
- Click OK.
- Select Location 1 and click Connect
- In the vWorkspace AppPortal window, you should now see My Applications. Click on OnBase. This will start an X11 rdesktop session to launch OnBase.