PaperCut is print management software used by a number of departments to manage printing costs by implementing quotas. IS&T has centrally licensed PaperCut and makes licenses available to departments. Department administrators can download a license from IS&T’s website and download the software directly from PaperCut’s website.
Departments can manage their printing costs, reduce waste, and help ensure that resources are efficiently utilized. Individuals can make informed decisions regarding use of their departmental printing allocation.
- Departmental administrators can configure print quotas for individuals.
- Individuals can view the number of pages that will be printed and deducted from their quotas, before deciding to release or cancel print requests.
- Installation and configuration are easy.
- A print server running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Red Hat Linux (same as BU Linux), or Debian GNU/Linux
- 1 GB of memory and 300+ MB of disk space are recommended.
Follow the instructions at PaperCut Download and Registration Information.