NVivo organizes, analyzes and displays information with powerful search, query and visualization tools. The application allows users to organize their material by topic, uncover trends and emerging themes, and create diagrams, charts or models to present and clarify discoveries.
- Data organization and classification
- Capture and analyze social media data from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Interchange and share data
- Import a wide range of data formats including:
- Word, Excel, PDF and rich text
- Audio Files - .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .wma, or .wav
- Video Formats -.mpg, .mpeg, .mpe, .wmv, .avi, .mov, .mp4, .qt, .3gp, .mts & .m2ts
- Digital Image Formats – .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif or .tiff formats
- Reference management software files – EndNote, Zotero or RefWorks.
- Evernote or OneNote Files
- Windows XP SP2 or newer
- Pentium 4 2.0 GHz recommended or better
- 1GB RAM or more (at least 2GB is recommended)
- 2GB free disk space
- 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher
- Internet connection (for some features)
Additional requirements for supplementary add-ons:
- NCapture - Internet Explorer 7 or later, or Google Chrome 21 or later
- NVivo OneNote Add-In – Microsoft OneNote (2007 or later) and Microsoft Word (2007 or later)
Mac OS X
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or newer
- 2GB of RAM or more
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution or better
- 2GB or more of available disk space
NVivo for Mac is a brand new software and is missing some features due to the immaturity of the product for this operating system.
Download and Install
NVivo for Mac OS X and Windows can be downloaded and activated for free by members of the BU community. Additional help setting up NVivo, including getting started guides for both Windows and Mac OS X, is available from the vendor.
Renew/Replace a License
The new license key is only available to those who have agreed to the download terms.