Boston University licenses a broad range of software through a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (MSEA). Among other benefits, the agreement provides eligible employees with rights to use the most current and capable versions of Microsoft Windows and Office Suites on BU-owned PCs and Macs.
Volume licensing reduces overhead and expense, improves service and support, bolsters security, and fosters license compliance. See Benefits for details.
- Full and part-time faculty and staff are eligible to use the most current and complete versions of Microsoft Windows and Office on institutional PCs and Macs, with most eligible software available by download.
- Students are eligible to download the most current version of Microsoft Office at no cost from www.bu.edu/tech/studentoffice
- BU students, faculty, staff, alumni, and affiliates have licensed access to many BU-based Microsoft services such as SharePoint and Exchange.
- Full and part-time faculty and staff also have access to web-based training through Microsoft E-learning.
MS Agreement Coverage Overview, Benefits, Conditions of Use, and the FAQ provide additional information on licensed software and benefits to various constituents. Requirements A BU login name and Kerberos password are required for access to all resources and the MS Agreement Coverage Overview highlights eligibility criteria. Please also review the Conditions of Use.
Charges may or may not apply depending on product and eligibility.
- Faculty and staff: Most eligible software is available from the Download page.
- Students Microsoft Office is available from this Download page.
- If you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact the IT Help Center by submitting a Help request through this website, or by calling 617-353-HELP (4357).