Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The campus firewall protects all devices connected to the campus network by blocking unwanted vulnerability scans and attacks from outside the campus network.
By screening network traffic as it crosses the boundary between the Internet and the campus network, the firewall blocks certain probes and attacks from reaching our networked computers, creating a safer computing environment for everyone.
- All devices on our network are protected, with no action required by device owners.
- The firewall is designed to provide maximum security with minimal impact on performance.
- Learn more about how firewalls work.
- Read about the campus firewall (BU login required).
- Get a listing of the IP address space allocated to Boston University (BU login required).
- Learn more about the current firewall rules (BU login required).
- Learn about how to get exemptions from the campus firewall (BU login required).
- Request an exemption for VPN services or to request any other exemption(BU login required).
- Departments wishing to protect specific resources should schedule a network design consultation.