Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Boston University Security Advisories contain information for campus computer owners and administrators about threats and patches that are critical or specific to our environment.
The advisories usually provide detailed information for mitigating the risks posed by vulnerabilities in software and operating systems, giving campus administrators the ability to protect their systems.
- Advisories focus on threats that are relevant to the Boston University computing environment.
- Advisories are published on the Web and sent to campus email lists:
- UNIX Systems Administrators Group (USAG)
- BU Linux Administrator’s List (bu-linux-list)
- PC Administrators Group (PCAG)
- Systems Administrator’s Distribution List (sa-dist-l)
- Archive of all published advisories is available online.
- Advisories cover operating systems and technologies supported by IS&T, including:
- Solaris 2.8 and newer
- IRIX 6.5.27 and newer
- the BU Linux Distribution version 4.5 and newer
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7
- Centrally licensed or distributed software
You must join one or more of the campus systems administrator mailing lists list to receive advisories by email.
Join one or more of the campus systems administrator mailing lists to receive security information.