Mac OS X Instructions
- Connect your computer’s Ethernet port to an active Ethernet wall jack, using a 10BaseT Ethernet cable.
- Open System Preferences by clicking on the icon in the dock, or by going to your Apple menu and choosing System Preferences.
- Once you are in System Preferences, click on the Network button.
- In Network, go to the Show: menu and select Built-in Ethernet.
- Enter the following information on the TCP/IP tab:
- Set Configure: to Using DHCP
- Set Domain Name Servers to
- Set Search domains: to bu.edu
- Click Apply Now.
- You have configured your Mac for BU Ethernet! You should now be able to start and use your network applications.*
* Note: If you are in a residence hall and this is the first time you are using your computer to connect to the campus Ethernet this year, you now need to open a web browser (Safari, Firefox, or any browser you like) and then follow the prompts to register your computer on the network.