- Can I use CAPTCHA to reduce spam?
- How can I add more data to view in my “Entries” view?
- Can I change the “from” address for email notifications?
- Can I replace the default contact form with one of my own?
Yes. If using Gravity Forms (the Forms option in WordPress), CAPTCHA is built in.Â Under the Advanced Fields menu of options on the right-hand side of the page when creating a new form or editing an existing one, there is a reCAPTCHA option.Â Selecting this option will insert reCAPTCHA to your form. reCAPTCHA is an industry-leading provider of the CAPTCHA anti-spam software. Adding this to your form should dramatically reduce the amount of spam you receive on your site.
If you’re using Telegraph, see our page on adding reCAPTCHA to Telegraph forms.
On the right side of the Entries screen, there’s a small Edit link. If you click this link, you’ll be able to drag and drop files from the inactive side to the active side.Â The left section is the group of items that will display on the Entries screen.Â The right section shows all of the input items available for the form you’re working on.
Yes.Â When configuring your Notifications, you can set the From email address by hand just by changing the text in the From field.Â You can also opt to selectÂ Email in the drop-down menu to the right. This, for example, will make the email to an administrator appear to have come from the person who filled out the form, thus enabling an admin to just respond directly to the message.
The default form is inserted into your Contact Us page by the use of a template file. If you want to remove that default form, you can very easily.
- Edit your Contact Us page.
- In the right sidebar, change the Contact Us template and to the Default one.
- Use the Insert Form icon (to the right of the Add Media icon).
- Update your page