Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Alumni
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
OpenBU is BU’s institutional repository for documents and research publications from BU faculty, students, and staff. It is an open access repository, meaning that, by default, anything you put there will be accessible to the world via the Web. Some exceptions to this can be made; please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns. For more information about OpenBU, please see the OpenBU FAQs.
As a researcher, you can upload your documents and publications to OpenBU’s controlled environment. Unless copyrighted materials require restricted access, your research is made available to anyone online.
- OpenBU aims to list all BU faculty publications, with open access to the full text of most.
- Browse 100+ communities and collections.
- Share documents, publications, and other media in a controlled environment.
- Maintain Boston University institutional history, publications, and documents for posterity.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
Anyone can browse the repository; you must apply for authorization if you wish to submit materials.