Your name announcement is what prefaces the messages you leave for others within the BU voice mail system. For instance, when they retrieve the message you left, they will hear, “First message today at 4:14 p.m. from John Smith.
To change the name on the mailbox:
- From your own phone, dial 3-9999.
- Enter your pass code.
- From the Main Menu, press 9 for User Options.
- Press 1 for Greetings and Name Recordings.
- Press 1 to review or change your name.
- Hear: “At the tone, record your name.” Record only your name — do not include other messages here.
- Press the # (pound) key and verify the replay of your recording.
- Press 1 to accept or 2 to re-record.
- Press the * (star) key to back out of the options menu levels.
If you are not at your own phone:
- Dial 3-9999 (on the Charles River Campus system) or 617-353-9999 (from off campus).
- Press * (star) when prompted.
- Enter your 7-digit mailbox (phone) number.
- Enter your pass code, and follow the rest of the steps above.