If your mailbox is on Boston University’s central Microsoft Exchange server, as is the case for most faculty and staff, you can synchronize your email, contacts, and calendar with your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Send and receive mail from your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Access and update your address book and calendar on the Exchange server.
- If you use a BlackBerry, you can also edit your notes and tasks.
- A mailbox on one of Boston University’s central Microsoft Exchange servers (see Accounts & Access)
- A smartphone or mobile device, such as a BlackBerry, iPhone, or Droid, with an appropriate data plan
There are no charges beyond the costs of your device and a data plan sufficient for synchronizing the desired information.
Once you have set up an email account as outlined at Accounts & Access, follow the sidebar link corresponding to your device for instructions on setting up synchronization. Instructions for people with BU Google Apps or ACS accounts, rather than Exchange, are also provided.