Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Alumni, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
In early 2007, the iPhone didn’t exist. Today, iPhone users are the third largest group of visitors to the BU web. Given the rapidly growing use of mobile devices to access the BU web, we have created the BU Mobile Apps, a suite of applications for the iPhone. BU Mobile Apps for iPhone includes mobile versions of BU Today, the University’s calendar, maps, directory, and course descriptions. It also includes an “Emergency” feature, which provides quick access to the BU Police Department and other emergency service providers.
From the palm of your hands, you can enjoy the convenience and benefits of anytime, anywhere, mobile access to some of the most important and most used applications and information sources at BU.
- Track the BUS – view the schedule and see the current location and route of each bus with the new BUS module
- Phone numbers – call phone numbers that appear in event descriptions, etc.
- Email addresses – send mail to addresses that appear in events, the directory, etc.
- Contacts list – add entries directly from the directory to your contacts list
- Favorites – save any item to your favorites list
- Emergency – call or text BUPD; call Student Health Services, the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center, or Escort Security Services
An iOS device
To start using the BU Mobile Apps for iPhone:
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Boston University, or go directly to the BU Mobile page: http://itunes.com/apps/bumobile.
- Download and install the free app.