The settings outlined on this page may vary slightly across devices and versions, but these instructions should be generally applicable to all users of the iOS.
Note: After you configure Exchange as described below, you might also want to get BU Mobile – BU’s suite of applications for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Configuring the Mail client
You can connect your device to the Exchange server by following these steps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Fill in the following information
- Email is your complete email address, which is email@example.com (where login is your BU login name).
- Password is your Kerberos password if you are on AD and your AD2 password if you are on AD2.
- Description is the name your Exchange account will have on your device, and will be displayed in a list if you have more than one email account configured.
- Tap Next to continue.
- Tap Save.
Your device will connect to the Exchange server with the information you have entered. It will take a few minutes to synchronize your device and the Exchange server. When it’s done, your most recent email, calendar items, reminders and Exchange Contacts will be viewable on your device.
The next step is to adjust a few settings for your Exchange account.
- Tap the account you just created to see the Exchange settings page. Make sure the switches for Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders are switched ON or OFF, depending on your preference.
- Then click the Mail Days to Sync button. Tap one of the options, depending on your preferences. Choosing No Limit is not recommended and 1 Month is the maximum.