To add a Mail Profile for Microsoft Exchange in Outlook 2010
- If Outlook is open, choose File-Exit to quit out of it. Outlook should not be running when you configure these settings.
- Go to Start->Control Panel->Mail. (If you don’t see the Mail Control Panel, choose View By Large Icons and you will see it.)
- Within the Mail Setup, click on Email Accounts and then click on the New button on the Email tab. (If you don’t see the Mail Setup, click on Add and create a new Profile and skip to step 5.)
- Make sure Email Account is selected and click Next.
- If you do not log into Windows with your administrator credentials, you will have to check the box at the bottom to manually configure server settings. If you do log in with your admin credentials, you should see the settings automatically (because Outlook has detected them from the domain and mail controllers).
- Choose Microsoft Exchange or compatible service and Next.
- Enter Microsoft Exchange Server: xmail.bu.edu and your BU login name as your User Name.
- Click on Check Name. If prompted, provide your BU login name and Kerberos password. (In some cases, you might need to login with your domain in the format ADlogin or AD2login as applicable, with the corresponding password.)
- Once your name is recognized, click Next and Finish, then OK.
- You will see your new account appear under Email Accounts. If you have multiple accounts set up, make sure you have the correct one Set as Default. Then click on Close.
- You are now all set to close the Control Panel window and launch Outlook to begin using it.
- If prompted, provide your BU login name and Kerberos password. (In some cases, you might need to login with your domain in the format ADlogin or AD2login as applicable, with the corresponding password.)
Want to use an additional account?
To add an additional BU Exchange account, simply repeat the steps above.
To add an IMAP account, go through the setup process as outlined above but opt to add an Internet Email account when you get to step 6. Then complete the server settings information with whatever are the settings for the host of your second account (e.g. mail.comcast.net).
For more information, see Using an Additional Email Account.