Available to: Faculty, Staff
Cost: No charge for occasional use of the web application. A dedicated license providing you with unlimited web conferencing access is available for $175 per year. Audio conferencing charges may apply.
- See Getting Started, below.
Give presentations, host webinars, or conduct team meetings from your desktop (on campus or off) through the Digital Conference Room. With BU Connect via Adobe Connect Pro, you and your colleagues can join a virtual conference, participate in discussions while sharing visual information, and collaborate on documents.
As technology evolves, so does the way we do business. With BU Connect web conferencing you can have more productive and personal meetings while saving time and money previously devoted to travel.
- Desktop sharing – meeting participants can view your computer desktop
- Document upload – quickly upload documents to the meeting room for presentations
- Video conferencing – see participants who have their web cameras enabled
- Chat – communicate with participants through the “chat” feature
- Polling – engage your audience with polling questions
- Customization – customize your meeting room layout
- Voice over IP (VoIP) – communicate through VoIP with your participants (optional)
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- You must have a valid BU unit/department billing code (see your department’s financial administrator).
- You must have a BU email account (see Accounts & Access).
Learn more about web conferencing by viewing our Getting Started guide or by contacting us at 617-353-HELP (Charles River campus) or 617-638-5914 (Medical campus). You can request the use of a web conferencing license by filling out our online request form. If you already have an account, log in at https://bu.adobeconnect.com (Charles River campus) or https://bumedical.adobeconnect.com (Medical campus).