Through your app store:
Most devices, such as the iPhone or iPad, should allow you to download Lync 2013 directly from the App Store, just as you would any other device application. Once the app has downloaded, you should be able to open it and log in to Lync by providing your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password you use to access email.
If that process does not work for you, follow the alternative steps below.
Through Office 365:
1. Go to www.bu.edu/office365
2. Where prompted, enter email@example.com as your organizational account, replacing login with your BU login name. Then Sign in. You should not (and will not be able to) provide a password at this point.
3. After you have signed in, you will be redirected to an additional (adfs) prompt. At that point, you should again provide your e-mail address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org, and this time you should provide the password you normally use to access e-mail.
4. From the landing page, go to the upper right corner and select Office 365 settings.
5. Then, select get started on the left.
6. Once you are in Office 365, click on phone & tablet.
7. Then Choose your phone or tablet and follow the provided instructions to install Lync and configure it.
8. Finally, Log in when ready by providing your email address (email@example.com) and the password you use to access email.
If you experience any problems, see Troubleshooting Lync sign-in errors or submit a Help request for assistance.
To learn more about use of Lync once you have it installed, see the related Learn More page.