WordPress offers users the ability to accomplish so much more, for so much less. You now have the freedom to employ more control over the management of your site. Here are just some of the many benefits you can experience with using WordPress:
- Break away from relying on IS&T support to manage who has access to edit your site. WordPress allows you to easily specify who is authorized to help maintain your website.
- You don’t need to purchase, manage, and upgrade specialized software. Everything in WordPress is managed with the “Dashboard,” the web-based interface from which you manage your entire site. Even individuals with little technical skill can manage a site using WordPress’s visual editors, allowing you to publish pages without having to know any code.
- Upload and manage files (images, PDFs, Word documents, etc.) via a web-based interface.
- Manage site navigation – add new items, remove old items, rearrange the order and hierarchy of items in your navigation – via a drag-and-drop interface.
- Apply new designs across your entire website with the click of a button.
- Create forms via a web-based interface.
- Create slideshows via a web-based interface.
When you use WordPress, you can build and manage a website in less time, with less money, and less reliance on technical staff. In addition, we have incorporated several familiar features that are widely used and recognized in the Boston University web community, such as the Boston University calendar, and the ability to search Boston University directly from your website. We have also included three attractive, brand-compliant site designs for you to choose from, to help get your site up and running as quickly as possible.