Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
ServiceNow is a fully integrated enterprise service management ticketing system. It is a commercially available software package specifically designed to address the service process needs within an organization. ServiceNow is configured to meet BU’s unique requirements and is supported by IS&T staff. Visit the ServiceNow website for additional information.
Service Management ticketing systems are tools to provide a framework within which an organization can have the right people, tools, and processes in place to function optimally and provide excellent customer service.
- Incident and Request Management
- Change Management
- Release and System Development Lifecycle Management
- Knowledge Management
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- BU login name and Kerberos password
- A desktop, notebook, or mobile device
- A web browser
- Self-service clients incur no cost.
- Individuals using ServiceNow to manage a process require a ServiceNow license, which carries an annual fee.
Contact us for more information. To learn more about the tool and how it relates to our processes, visit the ITIL and Service Management pages. View the training schedule to register for upcoming ServiceNow training opportunities.