Boston University’s adopted policy is for all MFDs (multi-function devices) to be purchased. This policy seeks to ensure Boston University acquires MFDs in the most cost effective, flexible and reliable way available, by assessing print and copy needs and minimizing the University’s environmental impact.
Details of this policy, as well as a listing of standard Ricoh models to select from, are available through Sourcing & Procurement.
- Multi-Function Device/Printer (MFD/MFP) Acquisition Policy
- MFD Acquisition Form
- Ricoh MFP/Copier Standards
How to engage support and consultation
- Start by reviewing this introductory information and steps for a successful copier installation.
- Ricoh will provide consultation to unit business officers based on MFD standards established by BU. To assist in this consultation we encourage the business office to complete the MFD Acquisition Form.
- IS&T supported business officers are strongly encouraged to consult with IS&T Desktop Services for support when selecting a device. To engage IS&T Desktop Services support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-IS&T supported groups are strongly encouraged consult with your local IT support. For contact information, please use this directory of Other (Non-IS&T) Technical Support Resources
- If a business unit wishes to purchase a non-standard device, or a device that is not recommended by Rioch through consultation, approval must be obtained from the Vice President of Information Services & Technology. The business justification and approval can be facilitated using the MFD Acquisition Form.
- If you are experiencing technical issues with your Ricoh MFD, or need to replace supplies (e.g. toner), please call 800-852-6457.