Once you have set up your local service with Verizon, please call us at 617-353-2097 so that we can add voice mail to your new line.
How to initialize your voice mail
The first time you call the voice mail service, you will be asked to set up your mailbox. Your mailbox is where your messages are stored. Detailed voice instructions will guide you through each of these steps. Don’t worry if you miss hearing an instruction–each one will be repeated.
- Dial 3-9999†.
- Press * (star) to enter your mailbox.
- Dial your 7-digit mailbox number (35X-XXXX).
- Wait for the prompt that begins: “Since this is the first time you’ve used the Boston University Voice Messaging Service,” then press the # (pound) key when asked.
- Create a pass code. Your pass code is a number from 4 to 10 digits long that keeps your mailbox private and secure. Choose a number you won’t forget.
- Record your personal greeting. Callers will hear this recording when you don’t answer. For example, “Hi. You’ve reached Bill’s room. Please leave a message after the beep.”
- Record your name. For example, say “Bill.”
- After you set up your mailbox, you will go directly to the main menu.
† Note: If you reside at 1053 Beacon Street, 37-39 Carlton Street, or 400 The Fenway, wherever you see 3-9999 or 353-9999 in these instructions replace it with 5-6999 or 735-6999 to enter the Boston University voice messaging system.